Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Subtle Reminder of Minuteness

Last night a phenomenon occurred that happens once every couple years, a lunar eclipse. I have to be honest and say that to my knowledge I have never witnessed one in it's full glory, last night was perfect though. I had little on my plate and no real need to rip myself from my bed this morning, so being the "sleep on the ground" kind of girl I am I took up shop laying in the backyard amongst cleverly hidden doggy poo, so thoughtfully shrouded by the darkness and two pups who for the life of them did not understand why on earth I was hunkered down in their yard. It was peaceful and magnificent. I never would have guessed that the moon, our nighttime guardian, can feel overshadowed and alone and cold just like all of us. I'll walk a little lighter today, hold my head a little higher in remembering that even greatness takes a back seat occasionally to remind us we're small, but loved. I'm thankful for that reminder, I need those unfortunately.

1 comment:

  1. I think june 15, 2011 will be your next chance to lie down with doggy poo. I'm sure you can do that sooner but if you wait til then at least you'll have another lunar eclipse to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete